News & Press Releases
Shop and Share to benefit Hurricane Katrina victimsJersey Gardens will collect supplies to benefit individuals and families displaced by the hurricane and relocated to New Jersey September 30 – October 2. More than 200 evacuees have relocated to New Jersey with more expected to come.
Items that will be collected include:
- Gift Cards (for clothing, shoes, etc)
- Household Supplies (dishes, pots & pans, etc.)
- Toys, Recreational and Educational items
- Personal Care Items supplies (diapers, toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, shaving supplies, hair brushes, deodorant)
- Cleaning Supplies (brooms, vacuums, cleaning sprays & liquids, etc.)
- Linens (sheets, towel, pillows, blankets, etc.)
The collection site will be located in Center Court during all mall hours throughout the weekend. The Fund is collecting new items only at this time.
“Jersey Gardens continues to be committed to giving back to our community, and that includes our newest residents who have been displaced by the hurricane”, said Denise Palazzo, General Manager.
“United Way is committed to supporting people in times of crisis, and the families relocating to our community are obviously in need of a helping hand,” said James W. Horne, Jr., Chief Executive Officer of United Way of Greater Union County. “Evacuees are coming to our area and are getting some relief from relatives, churches and state and local municipalities. We anticipate they will need additional support, such as counseling services, child care support, job placement and training, and additional services for people with disabilities and special needs.”
908-436-3005, ext. 202
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!